Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Work-in-Progress 2




















































































I chose this photo as my favorite, because it has strong human presence, the lighting works well and I like the composition as a whole. In editing this photo, I brighten up the dark objects to add more volume in the room and also dimmed down some of the light sources so it doesn't overpower the rest of the scene.












In this group of photos, I attempted to portray the scene rather than dwell in one object. The first photo still have a close-up approach but the others are more drawn away than my first group of photos. As a result, I feel that these photographs have more of narrative and the human presence seems more noticeable. I'm still dealing with the idea of transition/moving but have decided to use this idea to illustrate my life.

Another change in this group was the more deliberate lighting of the photos with a more common sensibility achieved in this group. I like the single lighting scheme as some people in the critique mention it enhances the interior space. However, some of the universal lighting, such as the one with awards, works well with the series. I plan to explore this combination in my next photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment